Thursday, December 2, 2010

Minecraft. More like MineCRACK, amirite?

I have been playing a little game called Minecraft for about two months now. A lot of it. Chances are if you're reading this, you've heard of Minecraft and the digital crack that it can become. If not, then please direct yourself to this page, and get yourself acquainted with the Indy Game of the year.
It's truly an amazing game, and yet at the same time I keep talking about how it's hardly a game at all. It just barely qualifies for Game status in it's Alpha state, but it's fun seeing it evolve in real time every Friday when Notch, the creator, updates.
I was especially fond of his Halloween update in which he enabled the ability to create portals to a sort of hellish Underworld, and Jack-O-Lanterns.

There being no right or wrong way to play it, I do admit, I cheat like of a son of a bitch. I've been through enough worlds and terrains and caverns and wasted through enough stone pickaxes to despise the hunt for certain resources. I'd rather play with the system and toy around with what I can do, rather than the whole survival aspect of the game, and use an Inventory Editor to get a healthy dose of whatever I'm feeling I need.
And I doubt I am alone. If on Youtube you see anyone with really elaborate settups, you know they've cheated with resources. It's legit even still, but we're playing it with different goals than that of those who are playing it strictly for the day and night survival aspects.

So far, best $15 investment I've made in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment