Sunday, April 25, 2010

Country music has a very specific demographic. Recently when I've been forced to dwell in a room or vehicle in which those particular melodies are playing, I take notice how they are usually about love, breakups, rowdy but apparently whole country living, and waxing poetic on the relationships one has with their parents.

The demographic country music targets is more often than not Married People with kids. It's safe to listen to around your kids and you can relate to it probably.
Despite my country upbringings, me and the musical genre to not agree on a lot of things philosophically. Also I am a 25 year old single male who only enters drinking establishments two times a month at most. On top of that, cowboy boots are incredibly goofy looking. Country Western, needless to say, does not put a wiggle in my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment